- USAV Age Level Chart (.pdf)
- Columbia's Tryout Frequently Asked Questions FAQ (always updating)
- Register with USA Volleyball (see below) either for a full membership, or the $8 tryout membership
- Complete your Columbia Player Profile form, and USAV Medical/Concussion forms (.pdf)
- Make a copy of your most recent grade report showing your gpa (High School players only)
To register for a USA Volleyball Membership please click on the appropriate link below.
Registration Tutorials Click Here
Previous Member Registration New Member Registration
What to bring to tryouts:
- Bring a copy of your USA Volleyball Membership card or tryout membership receipt to tryouts (Columbia will keep this copy) - Players must register for a yearly USA Volleyball Membership (see above, and we recommend using the tutorial. You can choose to do the tryout only membership at this time.) - (Note: Columbia won't be collecting the USAV fee as part of club fees. Players will need to pay this online.)
- Bring a completed USAV Medical/Concussion packet to tryouts (Columbia will keep these forms)
- Bring your $10 Tryout Fee - Check or Money Order (payable to Columbia Juniors) for Columbia's Tryout Fee (exact amount please if paying by cash)
- Bring a completed copy of the Columbia JVBC 2019-20 Player Profile Form (print out to fill out)
- (For High School age players only) - Bring a copy of your most recent grade report showing your GPA. Columbia players are required to maintain a 3.0gpa or better. YOU WON'T BE ALLOWED TO TRY OUT WITH OUT A COPY OF YOUR CUMULATIVE GPA. (Columbia will keep this copy)
- Come dressed to work out. You'll be working hard for the better part of two hours, but having fun as well.
- Be on time (or early) for your tryout. We often have a line at check-in that can take a few minutes to clear. Check-in opens at least 30 minutes before each tryout!
COPY of USAV Membership; Concussion Form; Medical Release Form; $10 Tryout Fee; Player Profile Form; Grade/gpa Report (High School only)
During Tryouts -
- Each player will receive a player evaluation form during their Check-In for the tryout for their age-level. Columbia's coaching staff will collect these forms at the start of the tryout to use while evaluating players.
- Parent Information Meeting - Parents are welcome to participate in an information meeting with our Club Director that starts shortly after the tryout begins. (We have a parent information meeting for each tryout.)
- Parents are welcome to watch tryouts. (All Columbia practices and activities are always open to parents and guardians.) Seating isn't always available, but you can bring chairs as long as they don't have metal legs which might damage the gym floor.
- Players may wish to bring water bottles, since water breaks at tryouts release all players at once to the four drinking fountains.
- Tryouts will end on time.
After Tryouts -
Columbia will provide written offers to players invited to join teams. (Offers may happen both in person and/or online.) Procedures for accepting offers will be posted on the front of our website. Good luck everyone!
If you are offered a spot, watch our website for commitment details, uniform sizing, team meetings, and practice schedules.